Hi there! It’s us, Eric and Misty and this is our blog. We are not perfect, we don’t have it all figured out, we don’t have perfect grammar; we just want to share the ups and downs of following Jesus and pursuing obedience for our family. We want to share our lives, our disciplines, our struggles, our family, our adoption, and our health journey with you, and how it all pertains to one of our favorite verses from Paul:
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
For a glimpse into our lives, here is a little background:
- We met and got married in college
- Moved cross country for grad school
- Moved home, lived with parents, built our first house
- Had 2 incomes for the 9 months Misty was pregnant with our oldest
- Misty first felt God really speak to her about being a stay-at-home mom, something she never wanted to do
- We obeyed anyway and it has changed everything
- Found Total Money Makeover and got out of debt shortly after our daughter was born
- Sold our cars, downsized our house, decided to live on a teacher’s salary
- Have been blogging inconsistently for 9 years
- Had another baby 2.5 years later
- And another one 22 months after that
- Met some life-long friends and fellow Christ followers that spur us on to more in Him
- 9 months after our 3rd baby was born, we both knew we were supposed to adopt, specifically from Uganda
- Have been pursuing our son since June 1, 2011
- Received our referral 4/28/2014!!
- Along the way, God has taught us truths regarding finances, health, music, friendships, His name, His trustworthiness, our worth–based on His love for us, and we can’t wait to share a little of that with you.