Could you educate your child in an hour? What about 2, or 4? I’m not sure I can. I know I can get a LOT out of an hour, but educate them wholly? When I saw the post about this class being offered next week on 8/11 at 3 central time, I became intrigued.
I’m a little late in finding out how fascinating podcasts are. Now that we live 20-45 minutes away from most things, I have been downloading and listening voraciously! Sarah Mackenzie’s Read Aloud Revival Podcast has been a favorite of mine, for sure. She is so open and honest and has a teachable spirit, all things I love and aspire to.
I heard her 2nd episode of her podcast featuring Adam Andrews and it was AMAZING! He breaks down literary analysis so succinctly that it makes YOU feel like you can teach the hard things, even when you don’t know if you can.
I can’t wait to hear about this. Here are a few things from the website about what we will learn:
A one-hour, live online training that teaches you the step-by-step method for keeping your homeschool on track when everything else is falling apart
Syllabus (what you’ll learn):
- The big, hairy hole in your educational philosophy and why it will doom you to use three different curricula every single year, for the rest of your homeschooling life
- Discover the three essential questions you can use for any lesson to take it from “Is it over yet?” to “Just one more chapter!”
- So what if you don’t finish the curriculum? If you teach your child to think this way, you won’t need to.
- The list of specific resources you can use for exceptional lessons with zero prep time (hint: over half of them are free!)
- Take a deep breath and let it out: there’s no wrong way to do this (and why your “mess ups” can make your kids even smarter)
Interested, like me? You can get more information by clicking here!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Worthy of Our Calling will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message!